Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"You must be willing to give up the life you have planned in order to claim the life that is waiting for you."


A shout out to my BYU cougars. I've been thinking of you and wish y'all a way dang sweet fall semester! (and totally feeling a twinge of longing as I hear the carillon chime "Come Come Ye Saints" every hour). Na ja, ik ben blij om een zendelingzuster te zijn.

How unbelievable it is that we leave in 10 days!! Already I've begun to pack what little possessions I have in preparation for our vertrekking naar Nederland. The time is flying by and I'm getting giddy to be finally in the Netherlands.

It's been a trying week in our zone, but we've also experienced many rewards. Elaine S. Dalton, General Young Women President, addressed the sisters in Relief Society this past week. What a fine and energetic woman she is. I was able to meet her briefly afterward and I'll always remember her message to us: "You must be willing to give up the life you have planned in order to claim the life that is waiting for you." If I haven't learned that by now in my life, I wonder how much longer it will take. :) I've definitely been reminded again and again that Dutch is my language and the Netherlands my mission. "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not [yet] seen." -Hebrews 11:1

The decision to be a missionary is the best that I have made in my own eternity.

I love you all tremendously. More letters from the crowd would be lovely. ;)

Jillian Fritz, Zuster



No comments:

Post a Comment