Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Week of Miracles!












Last Saturday received Lucky her endowment in the Zoetermeer temple - Elders Jacobs and Pinnock and Zuster Fowler and I were able to accompany her. It was one of the sweetest experiences of my mission. I shall never forget what a special day it was - to see someone so faithful come even closer to Christ through the covenants of the temple.
I was not present when Elders Jacobs and Pinnock found Lucky here in Surinamseplein, nor when she was baptized in the church, but I have been here these six months to see her continue in the journey of conversion. And seeing her arrive to the temple was so personally rewarding to me.


THIS IS WHY WE ARE HERE! To not only invite others to the waters of baptism, but to prepare them for the temple, the crowning moment of our earthly existence.

KIM IS GETTING BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY! Tjonge jonge, I can't believe that it's already here; the frosting on my Amsterdamse cake. I remember sitting with her at dinner in September, asking her what she thought of baptism. Something she could never see herself doing, said she. ;) Well, her change of heart has been a beautiful process, to say the very least. I'm overjoyed to be present to see her take this step and excited to see what the rest of her future will bring. She will bring many great things to pass, that girl.
I know Heavenly Father has great blessings in store for us all. It's undeniable.

I love you all incredibly and pray for the spring to come quickly in your corner of the world!
Al mijn liefde,
Zuster Fritz


P.S. My exchange with Zuster Robbins (love her face!) in Den Haag was a bash! It proved to me that I am capable of preaching the gospel somewhere other than Amsterdam...after 6 months, it was a first! ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment