Saturday, July 18, 2009

first letter home

15 Juli 2009

Meine Gute! What an unbelievable day! Its been nothing but orientations and meetings with our residence hall sisters and also meeting with our district, who are all headed out to my mission or the Copenhagen Denmark mission. So, its a fun mix.
But they've definitely kept us very busy and I'm always meeting new missionaries - as well as seeing many I know. It really just feels like a full-scale EFY :) The food is mediocre but my bed is excessively comfortable!!
I can't even describe how I feel about being here. I am SO excited to be a missionary. I can't even begin to comprehend the good that I'll do for the people, for myself, and for the progression of the work. I'm confident that I'll witness many miracles over the next 18 months as I'm about the business of the Lord.
So much of what our priesthood leaders have told us today focuses on obedience. I feel that I have a good understanding and a bit of practice at it, but I know that I'll begin to comprehend the principle in a whole new light as it governs my actions, attitude, and preaching over the course of my mission.
There is such an incredible spirit here. I feel in the right place and have been taken SUCH good care of that I've had almost no time to be sad or homesick. Maybe it'll hit later, but for now, rest assured that I'm having the time of my life!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO excited for you and so envious! I know you are the best missionary there!!!!!!!! You will get a letter from me soon!!!!!!!!! I miss you a ton!!!!! And I love you to pieces!

    Love,
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete