Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I've been a missionary for a full week! :) And I'm loving it absolutely. I love my district and my companion, Zuster Sharp. I am so blessed to have her - she and I get along PERFECTLY and we're learning so much from each other. She is going to see miracles on her mission. Our teachers are great - Brother Bond is especially amazing. He is an effective teacher and helps us with the language a LOT.

I really enjoy the residence hall life - I've really gotten to know the sisters in my room and I've seen SO many people here that I know. It's AWESOME to make so many connections. I've adopted Kelley's attitude about mealtime and gym: it's "super-happy-fun-time." It's so refreshing to get those breaks. As for exercise...I am now a jogger. Zuster Sharp and I usually jog around the indoor track or outside by the temple for gym. It feels SO great and I can then justify eating desserts at meals. :)

And yes, Mom and Annie Laurie: I joined the choir. Glad I did, I am. Uh-mazing. It is the most POWERFUL thing to have those hundreds of elders singing behind me. We sang last night at the MTC devotional for Elder Groberg. It was so special to participate in that.

In class, we've mostly worked on learning the first lesson in PMG. We're learning LOTS of teaching skills by example and its definitely a humbling experience. :) We practice a lot on each other in our classes and district (we're still in English). But let me say that Zuster Sharp and I are SUCH a team! We really feel the flow and completely trust each other to teach by the spirit. Even though our district members are just pretending to investigate, the spirit is overpowering when we teach. I cannot wait to get out there and do it for real. ;)span>

ALL RIGHTY, the Dutch. Yes, I'll admit that it CAN be a pretty language. :) Seriously, it's just German with a twist. The others in my class have been asking me for help in pronunciation and grammar and I've been helping them when the teachers are gone. It's been a humbling experience to be in that position. I am grateful for the opportunity to share what I know. I'm not learning this language for myself, but for them - the people in Nederlands.

I love this place. I love the spirit that is here. I love praying to start and end every meeting and event. I love growing closer to my district. I love learning from my teachers. I love sharing my testimony and praying in Dutch. I love waking up every morning with a hymn in my head, knowing that I am being obedient. I love teaching the gospel and hearing it from others. I've never been more tired in my life, but I've also never been more happy.

I love you all. I think of you a lot (time permitting hehe) and pray for you all by name every night. Keep sending happiness to me through the post! :) It makes me so excited to hear from you!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Karen/other Fritz family members, thank you so much for keeping this blog updated. Jillie's words, with their wonderful spirit, really touched me tonight. I am just so excited for her! What a role model she is for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jillian- I'm so glad to hear you're loving the sister-Missionary life! Keep us updated- I am praying for your constant success!

    With love,

    Annie-Sinead

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, jillie is so amazing. i am so proud of her. thanks for keeping/updating this blog. it will be fun to follow her progress and work

    ReplyDelete