Wednesday, July 29, 2009

MTC still fabulous

It's been an incredible week and it's really flown by. The days seem never-ending, but the weeks are over in a flash. And the MTC is still fabulous.

Each Saturday, everyone has to prepare a five minute talk for sacrament meeting on one of the Christlike attributes from PMG. Then after the sacrament is passed, two missionaries are called to share it. I was one of them. I was really grateful for that chance to speak. I loved studying patience and sharing my experiences and testimony about the principle. (sidenote: thanks mom for always teaching us patience. I promise I'll be better at it by next Christmas!)

Sunday night fireside had Stephen B. Allen come to address us. WHAT a meeting! It was a very interactive fireside and we talked about the hymn, "Come Come Ye Saints" and how those words can become ours as missionaries. Power comes with song!!

Thursday was our first day in the RC (referral call center). It is a bit nerve-racking at first to call people and ask them if they want missionaries to bring them the Book of Mormon, but I had an amazing experience. At first I was just getting voicemail after voicemail. Finally I got a woman named Velma. We talked for 38 minutes about the Bible in our lives and how our reliance on Jesus Christ gives our lives unmatched purpose. She was a Catholic Bible teacher for 27 years, so she had a lot of insight and favorite scriptures to share with me as well. She's not quite ready for the Book of Mormon to be brought to her, but she seemed sincere when she told me that she'd think about it. She knows where to get it now. I'm praying for her often.

I've been thinking a lot about Joseph Smith this week. I got to watch the "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration" Sunday night!! I was so happy to have that remind me of the truths I'm teaching our investigators about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ through our prophet. How I love that great, good man. I hope that we can ever more appreciate the restored gospel in our lives and have a desire to share it with others. Even if it is a small desire, if planted in our hearts, it will swell. It is the seed of the tree of life. And we want to share that with others. (Alma 32:28)

I love you all so much. I pray for you often and appreciate you more than I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment