Monday, October 5, 2009

Biking in the wind and rain - meh

Amsterdam is precisely like Berlin in that every morning I wake up and look out my window to a gray, overcast sky that remains for the day and will remain until April. :) I love fall in Europa.

Now, as to how that is on a bike. Well, it is decidedly more difficult to bike against the wind in a constant mist of rain. I must give up any hope of looking attractive for the rest of the season because this weather is anything but beautifying. I'm wet a lot.

In any case, the leaves are beautiful and the city is always bustling. I love what I can here. I must return back here after I'm done to catch up on all the culture I'm missing as a missionary. ;)

This week has taught me a lot of humility. Hahaha. That's always exciting. Not. We had a lot of potentially amazing appointments cancel on us this week and that was super disappointing. However, we ended this week with GENERAL CONFERENCE! My oh my, I love General Conference. It was so wonderful (especially when Dadson and Sharon - two of our Ghana investigators - walked in...miraculous). Kim came (!!) and watched with the headsets in het engels and she, Betty and I all commented on the attractiveness of President Uchtdorf. ;) I learned SO incredibly much from the words of the prophet and apostles. I love them!


I love you all and miss you. I think of you and pray for you often (so you better be doing likewise!!!) :D

Lots of Dutch love,

Zuster Fritz


No comments:

Post a Comment