Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11, 2010

Our awesome brother from Ghana, Gershon "Kwame" Atiscolove was baptized this past weekend. All the die hards were there for it. We celebrated the anticipated date with a dinner appointment at Lucky's home - Kwame made us some of his African fufu. Cultural experience indeed.

Kwame wasn't a miracle find because we missionaries didn't find him. He found us. After following the presidential campaign of Mitt Romney and hearing his speeches laced with statements and convictions of his "mormon faith," Kwame was determined to find and join the church to which he belonged. He spent weeks looking up all the information he could and finally found the address of the church in Amsterdam. One Sunday after church, Kwame walked in and marched up to the elders, introduced himself, and told them he wanted to be baptized.

Zone conference is this week and I'm really looking forward to getting together with the zones and getting spiritually nourished. I'm interested to see where we'll all be transferred next week.

The Zusters ten Den Haag are coming to do a blitz this week in Amsterdam. I'll be working with Zuster Robins, which I'm really excited about. She's gorgeous.

Church was cancelled yesterday due to expected amounts of snow...which never came. Instead we went to visit Kim (the light of my mission) and watched the Testaments. We're certainly the die-hards because even without church, we totally fasted together. I forsee great blessings ahead of us. :)

Also, because of a miscommunication, we had two dinner appointments yesterday night to break our fast. One at 4:00 and the other at 5:30. I've never eaten so much in my life. I certainly love how well taken care of we are on the mission. :D

I love you all tremendously. Thank you all so much for your letters (especially a shout out to the VIENNA GROUP! you're all amazing). I am blessed with good friends and family to keep me going.


Tot ziens,
Zuster Fritz

No comments:

Post a Comment