Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Joseph came to church!!

Folks, this is the haps:

Joseph was able to make it to church for the first time yesterday. Zuster Holbein and I could not have been happier to see him pull up in the tram, completely dressed for the occasion. He made a dozen new friends - wijk Antwerpen rocks. And he's totally getting baptized in three weeks. He loves the Book of Mormon, knows it’s true and what to do.

There was a special musical fireside last night in Gent and Lauren van Bever invited her friend, David. It was awesome to see him show up (even if he was late) and introduce him to some of the Belgian jovos. Lauren is a champion missionary - I absolutely adore her. And, we slipped a Book of Mormon in David's rather large pocket. ;)

Our other baptismal dates, Moni, Adella, Liliane, and Mercy,
are all progressing beautifully.
We are teaching a ridiculous amount of jovos (young single adults) which is awesome because we're starting up a jovo centrum here in Oktober. And every single one that comes our way comes miraculously and with much confidence. Pray that they'll keep a-comin'.

I love and miss you all, but I'm so much in love with life as a missionary in Belgium and the Netherlands. I love hearing about all the amazing things that are happening in your lives with graduations, missions, marriages, babies...it’s unbelievable how time changes so much, eh?

But one thing has not and will not change: the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is the power of God unto salvation. The Book of Mormon is truth and if one can receive that witness, everything else falls perfectly, yet not flawlessly, into place. I love this book, I love sharing it with others. I encourage you all to share it with someone as well.

al mijn liefde,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment